Thursday, March 20, 2008

RESULTS ARE IN (ok well 1/2 of them)




After more than three weeks I finally got one of the two bone marrow biopsy tests back.

IT"S GOOD NEWS!!! REMISSION REMISSION REMISSION (or almost confirmed)

For those of you with CML, my PCR test is 0.06%. Which means I have a 3 log reduction in the presence of the 'philadelphia chromosome' at my molecular level. When the remaining cytogenics test comes in, if it is 0 out of 20, then I am in REMISSION. woooo hoooo!

For cancer at the stem cell level, I need three things to be in remission: 1) Hemotological response (Check) 2) Complete Cytological Response (0 out of 20 test) PENDING, and 3) the PCR molecular response is a 3 log reduction--a reduction of three decimal places. (Check).

It's unlikely with such a low PCR that my cytogenics won't come back 0/20 but still....

Now, my goal is PCRU, which means the canser is UNDETECTABLE via the most sensative PCR test.

Thanks for your support while I have been WAITING!!!

Peace and love,
Rhonda

PS. Blood pressure is the same. Haven't passed out. Walking the beach and celebrating with a couple of days OFF.
PSS. The 'ASS' gene (part of chromosome 9) is still missing except in my PANTS!

In case you want more info on the subject of PCR and CML remission: http://www.cmlsupport.org.uk/?q=pcrresults

5 comments:

DutchPower said...

WOW Rhonda!! That's great news Congrats!! That's a remission in less than 5 months!! That's pretty amazing, very happy for you (and a little jealous as well ;-)). Will see what my pcr test results are tomorrow, but I might need to start eating more Kale (not that I really want to). Great News!!
Rob

Anonymous said...

That's Fantastic! So excited for you. Keep up everything your doing, because it's working. I know a good diet, prayer, good doctors and wonderful friends and family are a great start for success.
We love you,
Karon Hilditch

Rachel Harris said...

WOO HOO WOO HOO WOO HOO!!!!

Prayers are still going up but that is wonderful!

Love
Rachel (Discovery 113) :-)

Annie - Steven's mom said...

WONDERFUL Rhonda!
I just LOVE hearing results like this and am sure the rest will fall beautifully into place too.
Keep on keeping on.
Love and light
Annie
Steven's mom
http://livingwithcml.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Yippee!